|Real mass||561 kg (with driver: 636 kg)|
|59 bhp @ 6.750 rpm
82 Nm @ 3.500 rpm
7.500 rpm max.
|Power||68 hp @ 6800 rpm|
|Torque||93 Nm @ 3500 rpm|
The Fiat-Abarth 850 TC Berlina (Turismo Competizione, or „touring competition”) was introduced towards the end of 1960. It uses the Fiat 600 bodywork with some modifications, most notably a boxlike structure ahead of the front bumper which held the engine’s oil cooler. The rear fenders were usually blistered, so as to accommodate larger wheels. The engine is a four-cylinder model based on a Fiat unit, with 847 cc capacity and 52 CV (38 kW; 51 hp) CUNA rating. Overall length is 3,090 mm (122 in), overall width is 1,400 mm (55 in), height is 1,380 mm (54 in), wheelbase is 2,000 mm (80 in), and its front and rear track are 1,160 mm (46 in). The fuel tank holds 5.9 imperial gallons, and its empty weight was 793 kg (1,748 lb). The 850TC remained in the price lists until 1966.
In 1962 the 850TC Nrburgring was introduced, with 55 CV (40 kW) at 6500 rpm. The name was intended to celebrate the class victory of an Abarth 850TC at the 1961 Nrburgring 500 km race. There followed the 850TC/SS with 2 more horsepower; this was renamed the 850TC Nrburgring Corsa towards the end of the year.
In 1967, a further evolution took the 850 TC to the 1000 TC that with the increased engine capacity to 982 cc was capable during sixty to achieve a maximum of 95 hp DIN in its best evolution running in FIA Group 2 and 118 in Group 5. The increased power was mainly due by introduction of Radial Head that became part of the name „TCR”. For these model, leaf suspension was abandoned in favour of helicoidal springs and trapezoidal double arms.
The 1000 TC and TCR won many races until 1971 when FIAT bought Abarth brand and all models were discontinued.
Original Model by Angelo Granata